Graduation, prom, and wedding season are upon us! Thrift shopping for a formal dress can be a great way to save money and find unique and stylish dresses. Here are some tips on how to thrift a formal dress:
- Research: Before you head to Goodwill, do some research online to get an idea of the styles and brands you’re interested in. This will help you narrow down your search and save time.
- Be flexible: If you find a dress that you love but it needs minor alterations, such as hemming or taking it in at the waist, be flexible and consider if you’re willing to invest the time and money to have it altered.
- Try it on: It’s important to try on formal dresses before purchasing, as sizes can vary widely and you want to make sure it fits well. Don’t be afraid to try on different styles and colors to find the perfect dress for you.
- Be open-minded: Keep an open mind and don’t be afraid to try on dresses that may not be your usual style or color. You may be surprised by how great it looks on you.
- Shop early: If you have a specific event or occasion coming up, start your thrift shopping early to give yourself plenty of time to find the perfect dress.
- Don’t forget accessories: Thrift stores often have a selection of veils, shoes, and other accessories that can complete your look.
Some of my favorite Goodwill Akron locations to thrift formal dresses include:
- Blue Boutique
- Cuyahoga Falls
- Waterloo Road
- Goodwill Outlet