If the thrift store is known for anything, it’s known for graphic tees. Wearing a shirt with an interesting image or your favorite phrase is a great way to express yourself. Graphic tees are a fun addition to your wardrobe that can easily be dressed up or down. That’s why we featured them as May’s prompt for the 12 Months of Thrifting Challenge.
Thrifting a graphic tee is really simple, just keep these tips in mind when you’re shopping:
- Look for an interesting print that speaks to your personal style and one you won’t regret wearing several years from now. I tend to avoid overly trendy styles and stick with subtle tees that represent my individual style.
- Size up. Graphic tees look best when worn a bit loose for a casual chic look. Not only that, most graphic tees may have shrunk with the previous owner so be sure to try them on at Goodwill first.
- Hunt for vintage. Graphic tees from the 70s, 80s, and 90s are especially unique so keep an eye out for cool graphics or band tees from these decades.
- Touch. Soft tees are not only comfy but also look more polished than a regular, summer camp-type t-shirt.
- Shop all sections. I’ve found some of the best tees in the men’s sections.
- DIY. Elevate your favorite graphic tee by transforming it into an off-the-shoulder top or cut the neck out for a more relaxed look.
My favorite way to style a tee is to dress it up with a skirt, jacket or statement necklace. I found this tee at Goodwill’s Lakemore location in the little boys section and paired it with a blush faux leather jacket and my favorite heels.
Facebook: Dina’s Days