Welcome back to the 6th edition of the 12 Months of Thrifting Challenge. If you’re just joining us, this challenge is designed to help you build a home or wardrobe of thrifted essentials, month by month.
Here’s a quick recap of past challenges:
- 12 Months of Thrifting: Wardrobe Staples
- 12 Months of Thrifting: The Essentials 2.0
- 12 Months of Thrifting: Dash of Thrift
- 12 Months of Thrifting: Kids Edition
- 12 Months of Thrifting: Home Goods
How to join the challenge:
- For each month in 2022, use the schedule to shop for a specific prompt at Goodwill. Already have these items at home? Use what you have.
- Listen to the Dina’s Days podcast, read the blog, or check IG and Facebook each month for reminders and inspiration from the thrift community.
- Share your finds with us on social using #12MonthsofThrifting
Here’s a rundown of this year’s prompts:
- January: Thrift something useful
- February: Thrift a Valentine’s Day gift or Valentine’s Day decor
- March: Thrift a look for less
- April: Thrift something to upcycle or DIY
- May: Thrift something from your favorite decade
- June: Thrift a color of the rainbow
- July: Thrift something off-season
- August: Thrift something that reminds you of your childhood
- September: Thrift something inspired by your favorite show, movie, or book
- October: Thrift something out of your comfort zone
- November: Thrift a home decor look for less
- December: Thrift a gift
- Use this schedule as an inspirational tool and not as a strict guide
- Don’t feel pressured to buy something you don’t want to buy
- Add these items to a running thrift list and don’t give up because you couldn’t find something right away
- Shop your home if you already own these items
- Explore different ways to use secondhand items (online, borrow, swaps, locally,) but don’t buy something you don’t love
- Relax and have fun
Hope you’ll join us! Happy New Year!