Happy New Year! We’re back with another round of 12 Months of Thrifting. This challenge is designed to help you build a wardrobe of thrifted essentials, month by month.
Here’s how it works:
- Follow the prompts: For each month in 2017, use this prompt to shop for specific items at your local thrift store. There’s no spending limit, as long as you thrift the item. Take a screen shot of the graphic and save it in your phone so you can refer to it when you’re shopping. Take your time thrifting the item.
- Be inspired: I’ll be sharing a post at the beginning of each month on the blog as well as the Goodwill Akron blog highlighting the featured item and will provide styling and thrifting tips, so be sure to follow along to make the most out of your purchases!
- Share: Help us build a community of thrifters by sharing your photos using the tag #12MonthsofThrifting Be sure to follow @dinasdays and @goodwillakron on Instagram for lots of thriftspiration!
Please note: if your social accounts are private, we can’t see your photos!
- Take it one item at a time. Be very specific and intentional with your shopping. If you find yourself becoming more comfortable in the thrift store halfway through the challenge and feel you’re able to knock several things off your list at once, go ahead! Just don’t bite off more than you can chew.
- If you don’t find it on the first try, go back. Try another store location. You might not find what you’re looking for right away, but don’t give up. The goal here is to familiarize yourself with the thrift store, and one of the most important tips is to remember that in order to be a successful thrifter, you must visit the thrift store often.
- Follow me on Instagram and Snapchat (@dinasdays) because I live snap from the thrift store all the time. You will be able to learn tips live as I’m shopping at the store.
Now let’s get to thrifting!