Do any of these statements sound familiar to you?
- I wake up frazzled.
- I feel like I am always rushing.
- I wish I had a better grasp on my time.
We all want to feel less stressed and have more calm in our lives. Below I share five tips to make your day feel more organized.
- Create a home for that one thing you continually misplace. (Do I hear keys, phone, wallet, and check book?) Commit to putting the item back in it’s home!
- Don’t do “one more thing” before you leave. It leads to tardiness and that terrible rushed feeling brings stress and disorganization into you day.
- Take 10 minutes to brainstorm what you could do the night before to make the morning flow better. Is it clothes out, lunches made, everything that goes with you set out?
- Wake up 10 minutes earlier than you usually do and try the “Sleep Cycle” app to get your sleep patterns in check.
- Consider incorporating some type of mindfulness. Try the “Insight Timer” app.
You don’t have to try all five today. Try one this week and see how it goes.
Being organized means…
- Finding what you need when you need it.
- Living in a home that supports you.
- Living in a home that is living space and not storage space.
- Looking around your home and having belongings that give you positive feelings, not feelings of dread and guilt.
When you commit to defining what you need to do to make your day feel more organized, you will experience a sense of calm, more control and ultimately more energy to live your best life.
Lynne Poulton, Wholly Organized!® LLC