AGENCY TO PRESENT MISSION NUMBERS AT VIRTUAL ANNUAL MEETING
AKRON, Ohio — Jan. 29, 2021 — In 2020 Goodwill Industries serving Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland and Richland Counties helped 9,669 individuals. The agency will formally present 2020 service numbers at its Virtual Annual Meeting and Celebration of Champions on Wednesday, March 24, 2021.
“During a challenging 2020, many found themselves out of work during the global pandemic. Our mission services team was proud to continue serving people in our community through enhanced virtual offerings around job search and resume assistance as well as more intensive services such as job coaching and work experience,” said Gregory Morton, vice president, mission services & public relations, Goodwill Industries serving Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland and Richland Counties. “Then at the end of the year we received an unexpected and amazing gift, the largest in our history. The $5 million investment from MacKenzie Scott may expand our mission even further to help individuals prepare for, find and retain employment in Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland and Richland counties. We look forward to sharing our plan on using this inspiring grant at our virtual Annual Meeting and Celebration of Champions.”
- Served 9,669 individuals.
- Assisted 7,093 with job search assistance and employer services including: virtual services, resume assistance, interview preparation, recruitment, screening, testing, training and outplacement, etc.
- Provided a hand up to 1,214 through our Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund with clothing and housewares assistance as well as bus passes.
- Placed 446 in employment.
- Provided 356 with valuable training and work experience within Goodwill’s Retail and Business Services operations, including 168 in work experience and 188 youth program participants.
Virtual Annual Meeting and Celebration of Champions
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Register: www.goodwillakron.org/annualmtg or by calling 330-786-2519 (There is no cost for the event, but attendees must register)
About Goodwill Industries Serving Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland & Richland Counties
The Goodwill Industries of Akron, Ohio, Inc., is a not-for-profit corporation that helps individuals prepare for, find and retain employment. Operating in the five-county region of Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland and Richland, the agency was established in 1927. It is a private, independent organization, operating as an affiliate member of Goodwill Industries International. Goodwill helps to directly strengthen the region’s workforce through its employment programs and indirectly through the net proceeds from its retail outlets and business services division. For more information about GIA, visit www.goodwillakron.org or call 800-989-8428.
Contact: Jennifer Bako, (330) 786-2519, firstname.lastname@example.org