Between memes and Emojis, the Internet and technology have really shaped the way we communicate. I have about ten different memes saved in my phone under favorites and I use them to communicate with my friends and family on a regular basis. Sometimes nothing really drives the point home like a picture of a stunned cat or dog. The Kermit meme exploded on the Internet scene over the last year and its easily become one of my favorite pictures to post, so I decided to do something different and be the Kermit meme for Halloween this year!
This costume was extremely easy to put together. Here’s what you need:
- A green sweatshirt with a hood (I bought mine from Goodwill on Waterloo Rd for $5).
- A green piece of felt (craft stores sell them in pieces like scrapbook paper for 25 cents)
- A glue gun
- 2 table tennis balls or 2 cotton balls (I found a pack of 6 table tennis balls at the craft store for $1)
- A black marker
- White foam board
- X-acto knife or regular knife
- A glass tea cup ( I bought 4 for 50 cents a piece at Goodwill on Waterloo Rd)
- A tea bag
To make Kermit’s costume:
- Trace triangles with a marker on the felt
- Cut out the triangles
- Place them on your sweatshirt around the collar
- Use your glue gun to glue them to the sweatshirt
- Use your black marker to draw Kermit’s eyeballs on the table tennis balls
- Don’t glue your eyes to the hood until after you put the jacket on (do this carefully and with assistance, don’t burn your head!)
To make the meme board:
- Write the saying with a black marker
- Trace a rectangle in the center of the board
- With an X-acto knife, carefully cut out the rectangle, creating a window.
Brew some tea, put on a smug face and get ready to have a Happy HallowMeme!