Welcome back to the third prompt of the 12 Months of Thrifting challenge. Last month we focused on thrifting vases and this month we’re thrifting glassware and mugs.
Why thrift glassware and mugs?
Whether you’re a casual thrifter or collector, Goodwill carries a variety of glassware and mugs in all shapes, colors, sizes, and textures. Classic, vintage, funky or quirky – whatever your style is, I’m sure you’ll find it. Thrifting glassware and mugs is not only a sustainable option for the environment and your wallet, but it can be an incredibly fun creative outlet as well.
Thrifting glassware and mugs is also a great way to ease into thrifting. There’s hardly any effort involved in the treasure hunting process, and it’s a department you can quickly browse when you don’t have a lot of time to thrift.
Five Types of Thrifted Glassware and Mugs to Look Out for at Goodwill
- Holiday / seasonal glassware and mugs. From Valentine’s Day to Christmas, Goodwill has all of your seasonal glassware covered!
- Vintage & unique glassware and mugs. This is one of my favorite things to thrift. I love finding vintage mugs with sayings and mugs with characters from my childhood in the 90s like Care Bears and Smurfs. I like to keep an eye out for one-of-a-kind shapes, designs, and more.
- Brand Name and Collectors Glassware and Mugs like Pyrex, Fiestaware and more.
- Everyday glassware and mugs. Goodwill is a great place to stock up on everyday drinking glasses and mugs in neutral colors.
- Stemware such as wine glasses, champagne flutes, martini and scotch glasses and more!
Be sure to check the Goodwill Outlet for incredibly discounted deals on mugs and glassware.