Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund
The Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund was established to be a general emergency fund and today is utilized in collaboration with other organizations to help address the emergency needs of individuals and families. This is a fund of last resort and is limited to assistance with obtaining clothing, furniture and household items at any of our retail stores. In 2022 $115,060 was redeemed in store gift cards to those in crisis through the Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund .
Each of our retail stores help support the fund through a round up program. Upon checkout, customers are asked if they would like to round up their purchase to the nearest dollar to help change a life. Last year, nearly $111,000 was donated through this program from our generous customers.
The funds are available to individuals who meet established criteria set forth by the program. Eligible individuals include those who are not financially able to secure things such as clothing, furniture and household items for themselves. Hardship, emergency situations and unforeseen circumstances are considered when a determination is made. The determination of whether an individual warrants access to the fund is made through an exploratory interview regarding their financial need and situation. Generally, individuals and families can only request funds once per year.
Individuals seeking assistance can complete the application below or for questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund Application
Individual & Community Agency Bus Pass & Transportation Program
The Individual & Community Agency Bus Pass & Transportation Program provides assistance to residents of Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland and Richland counties to support individuals with transportation needs.
Individuals and agencies needing assistance are encouraged to complete an application or call Goodwill at 800-989-8428 for more information.
Program Funded By:
United Way Summit & Medina
Get Individual Bus Pass Program Application Get Community Agency Bus Pass Program Application
Bus Pass Voucher Application
Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
In Richland county, get paid while learning new skills through the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) at Goodwill®.
If you are 55 years of age or older, have a low income*, and want to get back into the workforce, Goodwill can help.
Let Goodwill help you return to the workforce! Goodwill can connect you with a local nonprofit or other community service agency, where you will get paid to build work experience through on-the-job training. Then, take the skills you learn to advance to regular employment.
To see if you qualify, contact
Andrea Krommes at 330-815-1710 or email@example.com.
Program Funded By:
Goodwill® proudly participates in the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), a national employment and training program funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. A $22,836,313 grant from the U.S. Department of Labor provided 90 percent of the funding for Goodwill’s SCSEP programs in the program year 2023. Goodwill’s provided the remaining 10 percent through in-kind contributions worth $2,537,378. See https://www.goodwill.org/scsep/ for funding details. The Goodwill Industries of Akron, OH, Inc. received a subaward of $213,216 and is contributing in-kind contributions valued at $24,782 to cover the remaining 10 percent of operational costs.
The Ralph Alexander Scholarship Fund
The Ralph Alexander Scholarship Fund was established in memory of a former board member who was dedicated to the mission of Goodwill. This need-based fund was originally established to assist individuals in obtaining training, job skills and uniforms needed to secure employment. It has recently been expanded to fund individuals not eligible for traditional referral sources for various employment related services offered by Goodwill.
Program Funded By:
Generous Individuals from the Community